The seasonal transition into November marks a significant change in the Northern Hemisphere, as the days grow shorter and colder, and the leaves fall from the trees. It is a time of both beauty and preparation, as nature readies itself for the winter months ahead. This time can be challenging and leave us feeling unbalanced, so we wanted to share a few ways that we can take care of ourselves during this shift.
Go Outside in Nature
As it grows colder, staying inside becomes more inviting. Challenge yourself to get outside on chilly days to stay connected with nature, and you can cozy up afterward.
- Bring a thermos of hot tea and a snack. Take notice of the moss, the subtle colors that surround you, the scents, and the reflections on water. Many of the plants around us are starting to go into dormancy. Their energy goes deep down into their root system so that they may rest, conserve energy, and gain strength for the following spring. Let the little discoveries you find inspire you and make you feel more connected to yourself and nature.
- Natural sunlight is essential for strong bones, a healthy immune system, and making us feel good. Even on cloudy days, the sun's rays are strong enough to help your body produce vitamin D.
- Spending time in nature has been shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This can lead to improved sleep quality, better blood pressure control, and a stronger immune system.
Body Oils nourish our skin and emotions that change with the seasons.
- They help us feel grounded in our bodies. Even a quick massage and taking in the scents of herbal oil anchors us to the present moment.
- As the air becomes drier, our skin gets thirsty. Body oils seal in hydration and create a barrier to prevent our skin from becoming parched. They are best used in coordination with a hydrosol or right after a bath or shower.
- Massage is such a soothing practice. You can mindfully apply body oil to calm the nervous system and ease stress and anxiety.
- Body Oiling is an act of self-love. It is a moment to appreciate your physical body and connect with your whole self.
- We create a handful of herbal infused body oils like Illuminate, Sunshine, Sacred, Amber Glow, and Temple
A note on the holidays
The holiday season can be a time of great joy and celebration, but it can also be stressful and overwhelming. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and lose sight of what's truly important.
- Take care of yourself and honor your boundaries. Set realistic expectations. It's important to remember that you can't do everything. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to have what others may define as the perfect holiday. Instead, focus on the things that are most important to you and your loved ones.
- Take breaks. It's easy to get caught up in the holiday frenzy and forget to take care of yourself. Make sure to take time each day to relax and recharge. This could mean taking a walk, reading a book, taking a bath or simply sitting quietly and meditating or sipping tea.
- Be present. When you're spending time with loved ones, try to be fully present. Avoid distractions such as your phone or computer. Focus on connection with the people around you. Savor the moment and take the time to appreciate the little things.
There are so many ways to share with our loved ones. Take the time to think about what the receiver would really appreciate and use. Consider their interests, hobbies, and values. Don't be afraid to get creative!
- Shop at small businesses. They are the backbone of our communities. When you support small businesses, you're not only getting unique and special gifts, but you're also helping to keep local jobs, families, and economies thriving. Check out local mom and pops, craft shows, farmers markets, or your favorite online shops. We appreciate every single order and love sharing our creations with you.
- Give experiences. Experiences can create lasting memories. Plan a date or consider giving tickets to a concert or sporting event, a gift certificate for a massage or a class.
- Give back to your community. If you're able, consider volunteering or donating to a local charity or nonprofit organization in lieu of giving gifts. This is a great way to give back and make a difference in the lives of others.
Thank you for reading and being here. We wish you and yours a holiday season filled with peace and joy.