You will need:
- 1 small saucepan
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. Ritual Chai, heaping
- 1.5 tbsp. honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1.5 cups milk (dairy or plant based)
- Blender (optional, but makes the best frothy chai)
- This recipe will make 2 large servings.
First, make your chai concentrate: Add water and loose leaf ritual chai to your pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 6-8 minutes. Strain it into the blender using a fine mesh sieve. Press out any liquid left in the leaves and compost them.
Steam your milk: Rinse your saucepan and add the milk and honey. Heat until it begins to steam. Add the milk into the blender with tea concentrate and blend for 10-20 seconds. (Alternatively, you can use a steamer or frother)
Grab your chosen mug/s and fill them with the chai. This is how I make my morning chai, every single day, and hope you love it as much as I do. Enjoy! - Holly Hawk
• This recipe can easily be multiplied.
• If you have a steamer, or frother - you can skip the blender and add steamed/frothed milk to hot chai concentrate. If you don't have any of this equipment, that's okay! Simply stir together your tea & milk.
• If you have chai leftover, you can store it in the fridge for up to 7 days. Enjoy iced or reheat!
• You can play around with milk and honey ratios, as well as cook time, depending on your preferences. I like to keep notes until I find the perfect ratio. I prefer most teas on the stronger side, especially chai!