Our Clay & Tea Masks are unique because they are dry mixtures that contain clays, powdered botanicals, and teas. They are long lasting, customizable and free of preservatives. Clay mask treatments are wonderful way to deeply cleanse, and revitalize your skin. When we're busy working, playing, traveling, and sweating our skin gets congested easily and more often. Taking the time to pamper yourself with a botanical mask is a rejuvenating way to show yourself some extra love. It can also be a fun bonding activity to do with a friend or family member.
Read ahead to learn why clay masks are beneficial, how to choose the best mask for your skin type and needs, and tips on the best ways to do a clay mask treatment at home.
Benefits of using our clay face masks:
- Brightens and rejuvenates the skin, giving it a natural healthy glow. This is because they help to exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin, and feeds it with healing herbs and nourishing vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Deep cleanses pores by absorbing oil and dirt that builds up on our skin. This can help to prevent breakouts and clogged and enlarged pores.
- Reduces excess oil production, which is common in the summer. This can help to keep the skin from feeling greasy and heavy.
- Purifies the skin by removing environmental toxins and impurities, which can help to improve its overall appearance and feel.
- Soothes and calms inflammation and redness on the skin. This is beneficial for people with acne, rosacea or even sunburn.
Choosing the best face mask for your skin:
Black Magic Clay & Tea Mask is formulated to deeply cleanse congested, oily skin and gently treat acne.
- Activated bamboo charcoal pulls impurities, toxins and oil from deep in your skin, making pores appear smaller, and skin smoother.
- Lavender & Tea Tree destroy bacteria and reduces redness and inflammation caused by acne and breakouts. Olive leaf is also antibacterial, full of antioxidants & is gentle and hydrating.
- Bentonite Clay binds to toxins and infections living on the skin, which prevents breakouts and alleviates redness.
Recipe suggestions for congested/oily/acne skin: Black Magic clay + liquid (wildflower toner, lavender hydrosol, yarrow hydrosol, clary sage hydrosol or witch hazel) + a few drops of oil will help this blend up into a velvety texture and keep it from drying too quickly.
Green Sea Clay & Tea Mask is clarifying, nourishing & refreshing. Made for all skin types.
- Enriched with minerals from kelp & spirulina to reduce inflammation, balance and restore dull and tired skin.
- French green clay deep cleans and minimizes pores.
- Powdered peppermint calms, cools and refreshes hot or inflamed skin.
- Green tea is high in antioxidants, soothes and heals skin and can be helpful after sun exposure.
Recipe suggestions for hot/swollen/burnt/damaged skin: Green Sea Clay + smashed avocado/yogurt/milk OR liquid (herbal tea, lavender hydrosol)
Pink Rose Clay & Tea Mask is hydrating, soothing, and regenerating. Made for all skin types, especially wonderful for sensitive and mature and dry skin.
- This mask evens skin tone and balances excess oil.
- Natural pink clay deep-cleans your pores and pulls out dirt and oil that cleansers can't reach. It also increases circulation and oxygen to the skin, helping it heal faster.
- Roses offer hydration and vitamins to our skin, a lovely supplement to keep us looking and feeling youthful.
- Red Rooibos is filled with antioxidants that are restorative and revitalizing.
Recipe suggestions for dry/mature/sensitive skin: Pink Rose Clay + liquid (rose water, clary sage hydrosol) + honey or yogurt + illuminate facial serum. Make sure to not let the mixture dry on your face. Yes, it will still work it's magic.
Tips for using a clay face mask:
- If you have oily or combination skin, you can use a clay mask once or twice a week. If you have dry skin, you may want to use a clay mask less often, perhaps every other week.
- Mix the clay and liquids in a small bowl until it is a thick and smooth consistency.
- Avoid using a clay mask where you have any open wounds or cuts.
- Apply the mask to clean, dry skin. You can do a full face mask, or spot treat your face or other areas on your body like the back, shoulders, neck or chest.
- Leave the mask on for the recommended amount of time, usually 8-20 minutes.
- Contrary to popular belief, you should not let a clay mask dry completely on the skin, this can cause damage, redness and irritation.
- Gently rinse the mask off with warm water, using your hands or washcloth in small circular motions, this exfoliates your skin, massaging away dead skin cells.
- Pat the skin dry and spray on our wildflower toner or a soothing hydrosol.
- While your face is still damp, apply Illuminate Facial Serum, Bliss Balm or a moisturizer.
- Take a big inhale and exhale with a smile. Hold gratitude for taking the time to care for yourself.
Clay face masks are a great way to keep your skin looking and feeling its best. By following these tips, you can safely and effectively use our botanical clay masks to achieve naturally glowing and beautiful skin.
To maintain your natural glow, stay hydrated, eat clean and well. Practice a consistent and gentle cleansing routine. Comment or connect with us if you have any questions or if you need help building a routine that's best for you.